Pages

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Keeping my fingers busy & Christmas stuff

While I am convalescing with my knee, its a bit hard to do a lot of paperarts/mixed media as I can't sit in my studio easily and I can't carry much out to the lounge by my chair.
So............. I have decided to do a bit of 'finishING" some UFOs.
Over 10 years ago I was right into making reproduction etc bears (handmade). I have several that were cut out and in various stages of being completed, when life changed a bit and then I got into scrapbooking etc, which led to the Scrapbook Shoppe etc and here I am today into mixed media in a huge way.  BUT!!!
Here are two that I have decided to try and get finished.
 The tan guy is one I bought at a market in Johannesburg in South Africa. The other is a bear being made from Hembold String Mohair.  So come back and visit and see the completed bears soon.

Hope everyone had a fantastic day today and didn't overindulge too much with all the scrumptious food etc that Christmas day always brings. We had a very quiet day, although the kids were quite hyper most of the day. Victoria woke really early so we kept her out in the lounge so Paul could get a little bit longer shuteye.
They had a good day and were thrilled with all their gifts. Lunch was very modest as I am not eating much at all at the moment (fingers crossed it leads to some lost weight)
Among a lot of gifts, Toria got a Barbie Laptop and is in love with it. She has not stopped playing it all day long, its in her bed with her at the moment too :-)

Paul got a swing bat set and had a ball playing outside with Daddy  (Papa) learning to hit the ball. He also got a few Transformers which he absolutely loves and showed everyone on Skype when we talked with family in NZ. 
So again from our house to yours. Hope you had a fabulous day and I wish you all the best for 2013.
See you back soon to check out some finished Bears, might even be able to finish a few mixed media things that are not too big and requiring of paint etc.

3 comments:

Squiddy said...

Looking forward to the bears' birthing, not to mention the MM UFOs. SOUnds like Christmas was well thought out for the kids - was there anything left under the tree for you to enjoy?

Glenda said...

Hi Mrs Anne. Yes there was a couple of gifts for me. Geoff got me a new Camera, a Canon SX40HS. And a few bits to go with it. I had been wanting a new camera for a number of years and he got it for me this year. WOW, now to learn to use it. I have got some free lessons from the shop and also an ecourse to do for it.

bockel24 said...

I´ve only (hand-) sewn two bears in my life - and actually one of them was a dog ;-) Oh, my poor fingers! This just takes too much strength for my little power ... hope you´ll show us your results, Glenda!