Pages

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Friday's Play Day

We had a fabulous time at Lucy's on Friday.  We welcomed along Caro this time as she has completed her Art School and can now come and play................
We started of with some etching of metal, yummy play that is............. Ive got to get a LARGE bottle of the chloride to play some more at home.
Anyway, we made some cuffs, which we  I  am still to finish, got to get into the Ice Resin and put it  in the bezels that Geoff painstakingly cut for me, with a new pipe cutter I just had to have, don't you just love Bunning's....I will put in  a pic or some watch part that our fabulous Bevlea pulled apart for Caro and me, one was my G watch that died about 6 months ago and the other was my Mums watch, that one I will use the face plate as a bezel for something special.

Bevlea is a fab photographer and she took some pics of our day...........
About to Patina my pieces with Lucy and her precious little mate Otis  looking on
Ready to Patina

Bevlea, Lucy,Otis (who can't be seen easily because of my black top)  me and Caro smile you're on Bevlea's Camera..........

We had a fabulous day, its great what we can achieve together, sharing our supplies etc.
Now to finish the pieces. I have bent them into a cuff that still needs the Bezels etc put onto them, tomorrow hopefully. I have never used  the Ice Resin yet, so that will be a treat, looks easy on Jens site, but only time will tell. It only has a shelf life of 12 months so I need to get on and use it..... Time for another trip to Bunning's I think and buy a long piece of plumbers copper to get DH to cut up for me, so I can make lots of bezels. 

4 comments:

Eva said...

It not fair that some of us have to work full time ... *sniff*. Looks like you girls had a fabulous day - and - so productive! What a great bunch of girls for a 'get together'!

Eva :-)

Glenda said...

Eva, you need to take the day off like I do.hehehe
Yep its a great bunch and fun and productive, see you Sunday for another productive day. Thanks for dropping by my blog.

Nic Hohn said...

Looks like you all had a fun day...Good for you! Nothing like hanging out with girlfriends being creative!

Glenda said...

Thanks for dropping by Nic. it certainly is fun to be together with friends being creative.